The rituals of henna will soothe your soul, heart and mind. Your hair wash day is part of self love and care that we all need to indulge in more often. I’m sharing one of my favorite henna wash day recipes. It’s easy, quick and so nourishing.
This is the DIY henna recipe your hair will soak up. Deeply nourishing and strengthening, everything you’ll need for your wash day.⠀
Note: this recipe is enough for shoulder length hair of average thickness. You may need more or less depending on your hair).⠀
- Pour 100 grams of henna powder into your bowl. Preferably glass or stainless steel bowl. ⠀
- Add enough warm distilled water to create a thick mud of the henna paste. ⠀
- Add about 3-4 tbsp of your favorite conditioner (if you need more or less then adjust as desired). We recommend Honey Hemp by Oyin Handmade and it smells divine!⠀
- Add about 2-3 tbsp of our Organic Argan oil. ⠀
- Add 5-7 drops of our Rosemary essential oil.
Mix everything really well. Should you need more liquid then do add more and if it’s too runny then you can add more henna powder to thicken it.⠀
Allow this recipe to rest covered and undisturbed for 30 minutes and longer if you want to pull some of the color from the henna (up to 4 hours). ⠀
Apply on your hair and allow it to stay in your hair 30-60 minutes or up to 4 hours if you’d like to get a little color. ⠀
Wash out and style as usual. Your hair is going to feel amazing! ⠀